Sunday, May 07, 2006

Beleven Lupine

 Be-lieve
Belief
Be love
Be life
I believe
in the power of Salmon Berry blossoms
to make me smile.
I believe
you can eat the greens of the Oregon Sorrel,
like a Shamrock salad, and you won’t die.
I believe
in Bleeding Hearts and the blessed resurrection
of Trillium every spring ~ oh those priestesses of the forest.
I don’t believe
that skunk cabbage really stinks (even though I know it does).
I believe
in rolling rivers and peacock blue twilight.
I believe hoot owls are wiser than we.
I believe
in the mystery of the silent moth
forever circling a flickering flame, until…
I believe in deathly attraction ~
in loving hard to the bone then letting go.
I believe
that the knots in wooden fences eventually all fall out
leaving peep holes for the curious and the brave.
I don’t believe in fences
or pearly gates.
I believe in death as a simple part of life.
although I’m not so sure that Christ died just for us.
I believe in the majesty of towering cedar.
I believe in the beloved.
Belief
Be light
Be true
I believe in prayers from open hearts
scarred and throbbing along the Way.
Which way?
Every Way.
Every day
I believe
in the kelly green gift of spring.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:26 PM

    And I believe in you sister.
    NR

    ReplyDelete