Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Moving

The bright white ReMax sign startled me as I pulled into my driveway today. It's real. My house is for sale. I hurried in to clean the kitchen. It is clean to an unreal, unlived in state. Funny, realtor leads to unreal. This morning I packed all my family photos and the memories of past lovers. I can only assume these boxes will remain unopened for at least two years, until I finish my next degree. I cleaned tonight until my hands were detergent raw. I have as much of a showcase home as is possible. Tomorrow is the official listing. Tonight I finally cried. I don't want to sell. I really don't want to sell. But to do all else that I want to do, what choice do I have? Now that the garden is weeded, the house is clean, I really don't want to leave. But the bright white ReMax sign has been hammered into my front yard. The decision has been made. I am moving. My house is for sale. My lovely convent of healing will soon be transferred to another. Tears well again and I am grateful for this outlet as I transition out.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    The bright, white Remax sign startled me as I read your new post. Wow, it's really happening! Blessings to you while you transition...and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 AM

    The spirit that you live with is so precious. I know that it's hard to think of transitioning out, but to me it's amazing to think about the new people transitioning in. What an amazing energy they will receive. What blessings you've left behind!

    ReplyDelete