Sunday, October 08, 2006

Irony

Just as I remove the final framed artwork from the wall, I receive news that the buyer's financing fell through and the house is going back on the market. I had intended to sell that final art piece at a church art auction this week. Nobody bid on it, so I brought it back to the empty house to resume it's place above the mantle. The piece, titled "Flight," just doesn't seem to want to fly. I refuse to believe that means I can't fly. Maybe that artwork stays with the house. Maybe it needs to be returned, with grace, to the artist. My head swims with 'how comes' and what's up with this, and what, damn it, is the lesson I'm supposed to learn in order to move on!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 PM

    I walked the labyrinth at school today; here a couple of the thoughts that came to me that seem to speak to your situation:

    1) The path knows where it's going, so keep walking and trust it will get you there.

    2) Sometimes in the turns it feels like you're going backwards! If so, see #1...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should talk about flight. I've been thinking about it a lot too - both metaphorically and literally. Over the weekend, we set our sparrows free. For a time after we took the screen out of the window, I thought they weren't going to go. They just sat there looking distrustfully at the weird hole in the wall. Then, slowly, they inched their way to the sink, then the window sill. Then, suddenly, they were gone. So, I learned that it doesn't always happen in a fearless, grand "woo hoo, I'm flying!!!!" kind of plunge into the unknown. Sometimes it's a bit more tentative, but I know the picture will fly, your house will fly, YOU'll fly. Just hang in there. You'll be soaring before you know it.

    ReplyDelete