Saturday, May 12, 2007

It has been awhile

I have been immersed in academic writing, preparing old work for poetry submissions (just sent out my first full length poetry manuscript), and so haven't been as communicative on a blog scale.

But here are a few poems:

Living at the Limit of the Habitable World
Alone,
the albatross,
no wish to swallow sky,
cries out the salt of sea water
my home




(Wo)
Man-i-
fest light.
May I please have
epiphany –
seamlessly celebrate
reason and mystery –
together in one small yellow
corner of un-i-verse, to claim
my own
my whole

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    In my Christianity in the Middle Ages class we have been discussing the gap between scholasticism and the mystics. Your last poem is a beautiful dance between reason and mystery. I have shared your poem in our online discussion for my class.
    I believe the liberal church is lacking the connection between reason and mystery (is afraid of the mystery, the unknown) and those who claim to "live in the spirit" are, most of the time, not in touch with reason and reality.

    Thanks for sharing your wisdom, and the beauty of your poetry,

    Nancy R.

    ReplyDelete