Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Ramage

I learned a new poetry form, Ramage, invented by Robert Bly.  Here are two examples:

Homage Ramage to Daylight

One crow two caws and the day launched unalarmed
with a white-green frost unlike the usual gray.
I missed the changing of the guards
from full moon to sun star day –
a covenant kept despite my absence.
So I kneel in awe before this common morning,
after a doubtful night and daunting pall.
I kneel in awe at the promise kept by my Beloved light.


The Chronic Tempest

Lime heat startles and shouts bitter darts,
an assault on her winter skin. Hibernating squint
into the imminent past. Tears salt the edge of fear
and sweat seeps down her susceptible spine.
Across stark sand, over clamoring waves,
a bruise-purple storm hangs in suspense,
cloaked but familiar, tsunami ready
to drown her in unexamined history.



No comments:

Post a Comment