Thursday, March 19, 2020

Trillium












Trillium


Trinity of forest floors, remind me
as I cling in this spring of uncertainty,
with desire to claim, possess as mine,
heightened by daily news and little sign
of peace.  I seek your lesson, wood lily ~

Rife and wild, you are ever meant to be
white wake robin, shaded, yes. Sheltered, but free
from harsh winds and warring lives entwined
Trinity of forest floors, remind me

that if I pluck violet-veined petals, nestled in ivy,
to vase as mine, for seven years I will not see
your flower, in patches of promise, divine
golden centers of hope in precarious times.
Behold, but not hold any blossom too tightly.
Trinity of forest floors, remind me.


A note: I first posted this in 2006, but wrote it 2003 when we were entering a war. Seventeen years later, as we are quarantined from Covid-19, I felt the need to repost.

No comments:

Post a Comment