Saturday, September 16, 2006

In a Nutshell

I'm taking this course with some church friends called Companions in Christ. We have Bible readings and I just got the idea to write some short poems summarizing what I read.

Genesis 12
Leave it all behind
Blackberries and 'mourning' doves
Impugn not my call

Genesis 28
Jacob
With head upon stone
I wrestle an angel, dreams
descending like dust

What next?
Glad tithings?
Let's make a deal!

Exodus 17
Water from sand stone ~
Doubt and you will die of thirst.
Exodus ain't easy.


I've decided that my study plan for Goddard will be to study both Rumi poems and Paul's letters, Sufism and Christianity, find the connections, travel to Turkey, and create a contemporary response from my unique perspective in letter and poetry form. These mini poems are good practice. I'll send on more if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Ooh, I like these. "glad tithings"...nice pun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:58 PM

    I love your poetic theological responses, I'll be waiting for more!
    NR

    ReplyDelete