Thursday, September 20, 2007

Depression isn't about feeling sorry for myself

Depression

1.
My other mind
the one that I'm out of
sometimes
plays tricks on me
scribbling catastrophe
and conspiracy
in every fold of gray matter
until I can't fight It anymore
and I begin to believe
the unreasonable.

2.In this home,
not my home
resides the bear,
who is I, but not me
filled with stone-cold
polar resentment.
Fiercely caged in
an infrastructural landscape.
Is it the bars
or the space between
that lodges me,
a paws length away
from freedom?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 AM

    wow. thankyou for these pictures. -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, #1 is especially right on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:02 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Browsing and found your blog - read around a little and was impressed.

    ReplyDelete