Friday, August 08, 2008

Do you know me?

What is my identity, you ask:
I am a poet
a teacher
a seeker
a healer
a guide.
I am unique to this world
and wish to lounge
in the light of that knowing
like Sheba, the cat,
who fritters away her morning,
sprawled effortlessly, carelessly
across my unmade bed.

By what name am I known, you ask:
You may know me by
Wendy, Wandering One
Wendy Jean
Friend Wend
Wend-i-kins
Ulindy
Prima
Bella
Sulia
Sulia Grace,
but mostly, you know me
by the way I hold my hands,
which shall remain nameless.
You know me through gesture,
through the timbre of my voice,
through the scent of Boucheron, so named.
You know me by the liveliness
in my face when I am delighted
by words,
by music,
by dance, or other such passions.
You know me by the dark depth
of my hazel gaze,
which shall remain nameless,
the generosity of my heart,
which shall remain nameless,
and by others who know me.
But most of all
I want you
to know me
by the unconditional love
I offer you,
which shall be called
the One
G-D
Yahweh
Creator
Grace,
a gift to you
through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment