Monday, August 25, 2008

Some thoughts on intuition

Sophia Speaks to Me

Wisdom comes
with the second spoonful
of breakfast cereal,
morning sunlight on my back,
and the journal,
marking concerted concentration,
unattended, left flipping its pages
of purple words into the summer breeze.

Wisdom comes when I brush
my teeth, and realize
Spirit speaks with ‘aha’
and ‘of courses’
easily coursing me to freedom
from known pathways and destinations.
Like the river flows
and slows around boulders
or even pebbles, unevenly
in the way, yet very much
a part of my day, this journey.

Like the blood flows
each month
cleansing me
from cranium to sacrum
toward that arid truth.
Wisdom comes
when I stop waiting,
pause in the writing,
that sweetly surfaced
those soulful stones.
I see the barriers,
rocks, bricks, by ways;
I thank them
for their lessons,
the rhythm they bring,
the bob and bump,
surge and spray,
the crash or avoid,
creating theme and variation
to every one of my days.

Wisdom comes
when I am least expectant
most listening,
most accepting.
She comes
when I reframe the mistakes
and when I surrender
to the wake,
when I wake,
and grin at the sun,
before coursing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment