Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Adventure

I didn't think Grace would come again in my life, but I'm beginning to at least feel the memory:

You enter my life

like a northwest snowfall,

fickle and inconsistent, one

moment an incessant

rain of winter turns

thick and whitens

rooftops then thins

again into rain, more walls

of rain, a vexatious mix

of opposites You are

here now You are gone.

Oh come oh come

oh Glorious, oh Wisdom

oh Love

oh One, stay,

please stay and lift me

from my darkness

ordain my shadows to flight

I beg, in the cleft

of my being, waiting

for awe, for You

magnificent You

stay, stick to the still

green grass dotted

with golden birch leaves,

stay and light

on my tongue

like the first snowflake,

then melt into nothing

into me so I can believe

You are gone forever

and I can believe

You will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment