Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sacred YES

Today was annunciation Sunday. I finished the final of three concerts with Aurora, which was an opportunity for me to say YES to life again. I also had this poem read in church:

Lead me in the way that time has proven true

You made me
now let me
love me for that.
Let me shake my wet wings dry
and fly each dawning day
across all the oceans
You intended me.
Let me muddy my feet
along every mountain trail
You intended me.
Let me utter the words,
sing the songs,
dance the dances,
and love the ones
You intended me.
Behold me in daylight
as well as dark moonless nights.
Unveil each hidden corner
and covered capacity to remind me
there is no escape
from all
You intended me
to be.
Let me be that
and I will be true.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I don't like the title for this anymore, so I want to change it to...hmmm...what do folks like: Intend, How You Intended Me, Let Me Be, Intended, Your Intended...???

    ReplyDelete